From Anthony Maire <maire.anth...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot load custom plugin with the "packages" configuration property when packaged in a jar file
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 16:49:18 GMT
Hello

I'm trying to test some custom filters/layout with an existing application.
When I use them in a dummy test application launched from eclipse,
everything if fine, they are correctly loaded if I specify a "packages"
property in the configuration

However, when packaging the plugin classes in a jar file to run with the
real applications, they are not loaded, cf this log with status="trace"

I made another test: I removed the plugins source from my eclipse, and run
the dummy application that was working with the jar file in the classpath,
the plugins are not loaded too. I made sure that the jar is in the
classpath: the dummy application starts with a Class.forName() on one of
the plugin classes and it does succeed ...

2016-06-09 17:50:18,488 main DEBUG Installed script engines
2016-06-09 17:50:23,998 main DEBUG Oracle Nashorn Version: 1.8.0_45,
Language: ECMAScript, Threading: Not Thread Safe, Compile: true, Names:
{nashorn, Nashorn, js, JS, JavaScript, javascript, ECMAScript, ecmascript}
2016-06-09 17:50:24,013 main DEBUG Took 0,007874 seconds to load 0 plugins
from package com.***.util.logging.log4j

Any idea ?

Regards,
Anthony