From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different Processes, same Logfile
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2016 13:45:28 GMT
On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> In order for multiple processes to share a log file os file locking has to be used, which
impacts performance considerably. Furthermore, only a regular FileAppender can be used. You
really can’t share a rolling file safely as both processes may try to roll the file at the
same time. Furthermore, if one of the processes fails to specify file locking should be used
then the file will likely get corrupted on some systems.

I'd be quite ready to pay that price, if I had log4j handle the details for me.

Jochen