From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uncaught exception with log4j2
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 19:14:32 GMT
Write yourself a Servlet Filter [1] that catches any exception, logs it,
and passes it on. Your logger should be configured to write to a file. If
the filter is the first in the chain, the exception caught is definitely
unhanded.

PS: If you don't pass on the exception, you have handled it (by
definition). The container will think everything is fine if you don't.

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/Filter.html

Cheers,
Paul