From Greg Thomas <greg.d.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: time based file roller anomoly
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 14:36:42 GMT
On 10 May 2016 at 14:30, Van Jaarsveldt, Charl <CVanJaarsveldt@dandh.com> wrote:
> I then tried to shut down the service and rename the file. It gave an error and told
me the file was open by the system. I clicked retry, and it worked fine. Very strange.

Do you have some sort of anti-virus running on the machine in
question? That sounds like typical AV behaviour; it locks the file
while it scans for viruses, preventing the rename/delete/etc., but by
the time you get around to re-trying it the AV scan is complete and
the retry succeeds.

ISTR that Subversion has/had a built-in retry-loop on Windows
platforms to avoid this exact problem. Perhaps it's something that
log4j2 needs to implement?

Greg