From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Separate appender for each application in same Tomcat
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 04:54:06 GMT
Is the log4j configuration similar in the same environments?  If so you could have your log4j.xml
file be a “template” where all the items that are variable are variables resolved by a
lookup.  You could either use the system properties lookup and make sure all the system properties
are defined, or you could create a custom lookup that reads a property file named for the
environment as you have described. You would then use that lookup to resolve all the configurable
items in log4j2.xml.

Ralph