From Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom appender not identified in OSGi environment
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 16:44:37 GMT
Hi all,

This was a class loading issue in my OSGi environment. We were using
pax-logging 1.8.4 (which exports log4j2 2.0.2) and the class loader cannot
load the package (package read from the log4j2.xml configuration) as the
new bundle is not visible to the pax-logging bundle.

Could resolve it after adding it as a fragment to pax-logging-log4j2 1.8.4
[1]. (This way new appender bundle becomes a fragment of pax-logging-log4j2
and visible to the class loader.)

Sorry for the noise. Thanks all for the replies.

[1] <Fragment-Host>org.ops4j.pax.logging.pax-logging-log4j2</Fragment-Host>

Thanks,
Nipuni

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds like it's probably a bug. Could you file an issue in jira?
>
> On 4 February 2016 at 12:42, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I don’t think so. I suspect that
> > org.apache.logging.log4j.core.osgi.Activator.java is not finding your
> > plugin but I am not sure why.
> >
> > Ralph
> >
> > > On Feb 4, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <
> > nipuni880917@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the input.
> > >
> > > Yes the issue may be different than what I have mentioned. I suspected
> > that
> > > the issue is related to Log4j2Plugins.dat file as the appender is
> working
> > > fine in non-OSGi environment, and the only different I could find was
> > > that Log4j2Plugins.dat
> > > file comparing the  two jars. May be I am missing some plugin that I
> need
> > > to add in pom.xml.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Nipuni
> > >
> > > On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 12:00 AM, Ralph Goers <
> ralph.goers@dslextreme.com

> be
> actually
> > committers

> > path
> > >>
> META-INF/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/plugins/Log4j2Plugins.dat
> > for
> the
> > is a
> be
> > documented. If

> use

> number
> > of
> > then

> > you
OSGi
(as
> per

> <annotationProcessor>org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.processor.PluginProcessor</annotationProcessor>
> > >>>>>

> <Bundle-SymbolicName>org.my.custom.http.socket.appender</Bundle-SymbolicName>

> org.my.custom.http.socket.appender.*;version="1.0.0"

> and

> > serialized
from the

> https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/log4j-core/xref/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/plugins/processor/PluginProcessor.html