From "Veit Guna" <Veit.G...@gmx.de>
Subject Aw: Placeholder substitution in config xml
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 14:56:49 GMT
Small correction: the system property is set via "-Dmyapp.logs=foobar", of course.
Just a typo during posting...

Gesendet: Montag, 04. Januar 2016 um 14:45 Uhr
Von: "Veit Guna" <Veit.Guna@gmx.de>
An: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Betreff: Placeholder substitution in config xml
Hi.

I'm using log4j 2.5 in a REST service.
There I would like to use the placeholder substitution to allow configuration of the log location.

I tried this:

<Properties>
<!-- sets the path for log4j logs:
1. check whether java system property myapp.logs is set. If not:
2. check whether the OS environment variable MYAPP_LOGS is set. If not:
3. use logs dir in the current directory
-->
<Property name="logsPath">${sys:mypapp.logs:-${env:MYAPP_LOGS:-logs}}</Property>
</Properties>

This seems to work quite well with the exception, if myapp.logs is set, the path
ends with "}". So if I set the system property "-Depss.logs=foobar" it creates
the directory "foobar}" and puts the logs into that. For the ENV substitution
it works. It also works when NO placeholder nesting is performed. So I guess
the problem has something todo with that.

Can somebody confirm seeing the same?

Thanks
Veit