From Apostolis Giannakidis <ap.giannaki...@gmail.com>
Subject How to properly create a RollingFileAppender with AppenderComponentBuilder in log4j 2
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:19:19 GMT
Hello log4j team,

I would like your assistance please.

I am new to the log4j 2 API and am I not sure how to properly create a
RollingFileAppender with the AppenderComponentBuilder in log4j 2.

I managed to create a syslog appender using the AppenderComponentBuilder,
but as far as creating a RollingFileAppender is concerned, I find it to be
not that straightforward.

My main difficulty is that I do not know how to create a specific pattern
layout, triggering policy, and rollover strategy for the
RollingFileAppender that I want to create using the
AppenderComponentBuilder. Could you please provide a trivial example of how
this can be done?

Thank you very much for your help.

Apostolos Giannakidis
Apache Gora PMC