From Apostolis Giannakidis <ap.giannaki...@gmail.com>
Subject Easy way to use TCP instead of UDP in SyslogAppender in log4j 1.2.17
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:01:03 GMT
To my understanding log4j 1.2.17 supports only UDP connections for its
SyslogAppender. The API does not provide a way to configure the
SyslogAppender to use TCP instead. Log4j 2 API provides such configuration.

Is there an easy way that I could modify the log4j 1.2.17 SyslogAppender to
use TCP instead of UDP or is my only option to upgrade to log4j 2?

Thank you,
Apostolis Giannakidis