From Conor Griffin <conorgrif...@gmail.com>
Subject Differences between FlumeAppender options
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2016 12:29:50 GMT
I’ve been trying out the FlumeAppender in log4j2 over the last couple of days and it seems
to work.  However, I’m not clear on the situations you should be using the three types;
remote client, embedded agent and persistent.  The documentation isn’t particularly clear
on this either and doesn’t list typical drawbacks/advantages of each approach.  I tried
out the persistent one (which seems to perform better than the remote client) and it generates
data in the dataDir directory supplied in the configuration.  But this data doesn’t seem
to get cleaned up.  Does this persist forever unless manually deleted?

I guess I’m looking for some more in depth documentation or help with the FlumeAppender
specifically.  If someone can either point me to some further existing documentation or help
me understand it a little better I’d appreciate it.

Thanks, Conor