From John Lussmyer <Cou...@CasaDelGato.com>
Subject Re: Trigger RollingRandomAccessFile appender programmtically?
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 20:47:25 GMT
Looking at the TriggeringPolicy interface, writing one that will do what I need would be trivial.

The main problem is that I can't find any info on using a custom triggering policy.

On Mon Dec 21 10:48:44 PST 2015 ralph.goers@dslextreme.com said:
>Log4j 2.5 added a CronTriggeringPoilicy that triggers a rollover when the specified time
pattern matches. You could look at that and create your own triggering policy that triggers
on whatever your criteria is.  As an alternative you can locate the Appender in the configuration,
obtain its manager and kick off the rollover in your code.

--

Tigers prowl and Dragons soar in my dreams...