From Chinh Do <...@vienxu.com>
Subject Re: Log entries written to wrong file
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:12:40 GMT
Hi Remko,

If I don't disable the "Use an isolated class loader for this shared
library" option, then I get various ClassNotFoundException, such as
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.logging.log4j.spi.AbstractLoggerAdapter. I tried moving logging
related JARs into the WAR one by one and each time I get a different
ClassNotFoundException. I am guessing eventually if I move enough logging
related JARs into the WAR there would be no more ClassNotFoundException but
I am not sure. I gave up after about 6 JARs or so (log4j-api, log4j-core,
log4j-over-slf4j, log4j-slf4j-impl, log4j-web, slf4j-api, etc).

Yes the "log entry written to wrong file" issue is easily reproducible. I
have two WARs: WAR1 and WAR2, each of them references a shared JAR, named
LIB1. Each WAR is configured by its own log4j2.xml to write to a different
log file. During run-time, depending on which WAR starts up first, the log
entries written from the classes in LIB1 will always go to one of the log
file.

For now we are just going to use one log file for everything, but I would
love to get to the bottom of this. Thanks a lot for your help.