From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.loggin.log4j.core.pattern.DatePatternConverter blocking
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 23:28:07 GMT
The converter uses a SimpleDateFormat which is not thread safe and so is synchronized. I am
sure there might be minor optimizations that could be done to this

What I would do is modify DatePatternConverter to
a) use Java 8’s java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter if running on Java 8
b) use Joda Time’s DateTimeFormat if it is present.
c) create a pool of SimpleDateFormat objects and use those.

Please create a Jira issue for this.

Ralph