From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignoring log event after log4j was shut down
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2014 02:04:43 GMT
Logically they are equivalent but their implementation is slightly
different. The one you're using now can handle reconfiguration better. This
is on the todo list.

About your other question: You only need to use one async mechanism. If you
use two (say, async loggers + async appenders) you'll get two queues and
two background threads. That just adds an extra step before your event is
written to disk. This is not a problem but also not helpful.