From "Mickael Marrache" <mickaelmarra...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Ignoring log event after log4j was shut down
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:37:22 GMT
Using <AsyncRoot> and <AsyncLogger> solved the issue. Logically, there should not
be differences since I configured all the loggers to be asynchronous.

I just understood the "asynchronous" nature applies for loggers and appenders. If all the
loggers are asynchronous, is it needed to use asynchronous appenders?

-----Original Message-----
From: Remko Popma [mailto:remko.popma@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:18 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Ignoring log event after log4j was shut down

I suspect that SprintJUnit4ClassRunner does some classloading magic and that you are suffering
the same problem as this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-493

There are two ways to configure async loggers: with the context selector system property,
and in log4j2.xml with <AsyncRoot> and <AsyncLogger> elements.
Can you try removing the context selector system property and instead use <AsyncRoot>
and <AsyncLogger> in your log4j2 configuration?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 2:05 AM, Mickael Marrache <mickaelmarrache@gmail.com