From zafer aydin <zafera...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: how to set log4j2 xml config location
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 11:35:54 GMT
Hello Luigi,
There is a problem at this line: l.getContext().start(cfg);Logger cannot contain any method
named getContext.  What can we use insead?

Zafer AYDIN

> From: Luigi.Alice@persis.de
> To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
> Subject: AW: how to set log4j2 xml config location
> Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 08:15:20 +0000
>
> Load the file via InputStream:
>
>                     final ConfigurationFactory.ConfigurationSource source = new ConfigurationFactory.ConfigurationSource(new
ByteArrayInputStream(config.getBytes("UTF-8")));
>                     XMLConfiguration cfg = new XMLConfiguration(source);
>                     Logger l = (Logger) LogManager.getLogger(LogManager.ROOT_LOGGER_NAME);
>                     l.getContext().start(cfg);
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

it under "Default Package". It works as expected.Now I want to change this location but I
can't not do it. It seems that in previous version (log4j) it was possible to set xml config
file location by "DOMConfigurator.configure" but with "log4j2" I cannot find similar function.How
can I set the xml config file location in log4j2?