From <Walter_Mar...@DellTeam.com>
Subject RE: Web Service Appender
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 13:42:13 GMT
Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Marshalling and unmarshalling is indeed inefficient, being CPU intensive, which competes for
cycles with the main processes. JMS appears to have internal queuing, persistence to disk,
and
Asynchronous transport acknowledgements. It would be good to relieve the CPU pressure by using
parallel processing in the stream, perhaps tux.

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan J [mailto:maps.this.address@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 12:54 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Web Service Appender

This is just gone off the tangent line... in a good way though.

We are going to try to push back and redesign the process to just simply make use of JMSAppender
to put messages on a queue and have JMS clients consume them (and ultimately insert the logs
into a database -- maybe use JSON for messages). The MQ runs within an integration broker,
hence an initial idea of routing logging SOAP/service calls through the same broker that handles/routes
other web services.

This whole marshalling and unmarshalling is very inefficient, on top of a fact that this proposed
logging service is entirely internal to begin with.