From Manuel Teira <manuel.te...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compressing only old rollover files
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 06:40:25 GMT
Hi Ralph,

thanks for answering. Your understanding is right and that is exactly what
I'm trying to do: to control in a separate way rolling over and compression
(the customer prefers to have some of the more recent files uncompressed).

Nevertheless, I would prefer to make all the management of the log files
from  log4j itself, without any external tool involved. This is because I'm
scared about potential clashes between rollover and any
compression/renaming that could happen from the external tooling.

So, may be a custom rollover strategy the way to go?