From Ralph Goers <rgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: not lose log events while reload its configuration problem
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2014 12:19:04 GMT
Unlike Log4j 1 and Logback, Log4j 2 separates the configuration from the actual Logger objects.
 When a reconfiguration occurs a new Configuration is created.  Once it is completed each
Logger is modified to reference a LoggerConfig in the new Configuration.  So for a small amount
of time some Loggers may point to the old Configuration while some point to the new Configuration,
but it will never be the case that a Logger is us configured.

Ralph

> On Apr 20, 2014, at 12:18 AM, huang <huangyu119@163.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>         I am learning the source code of log4j 2.I want to know  how log4j 2 can reload
its configuration "without losing log events while reconfiguration is taking place.".How can
 it  make sure it don't lose log events while reload its configuration.