From Michael Zhou <michael.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4j 2 official release date
Date Sat, 28 Sep 2013 22:58:38 GMT
The micro-benchmark testing I wrote to compare Log4j 1 and 2 shows
considerable performance gain in favor of Log4j 2.  I have only one request
for your consideration: simplifying the way to get all loggers in the
system and set/reset logging levels for certain loggers.  This is very easy
to do in Log4j 1, but thanks to the rewrite of API and implementation in
Log4j 2, it becomes complicated.  I did search and read previous
discussions (in August and May) on this topic, and consider this a much
needed feature request.  Thanks