From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Redirecting Log4j2 to SLF4J?
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 00:33:42 GMT
I added the Log4j 2 to SLF4J adapter to Log4j 2. It will be in the next release.

Ralph

On Jan 2, 2013, at 8:53 AM, Robert Elliot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been browsing the Log4j2 site, and the documentation is unsurprisingly very focussed
on people using the Log4j2 API directly. Given the profile of Apache & Log4j as brands
this means we will almost certainly very soon see libraries logging directly to the Log4j2
API (whether this is the intent of the committers or not). Which means that application writers
will soon need to manage the log messages from those libraries as those libraries are brought
in to their applications, directly or by transitive dependencies.

> Currently SLF4J provides means to redirect java.util.logging, Log4j and Commons Logging
to SLF4J, and thankfully Logback doesn't encourage clients to use its API directly, making
SLF4J the simplest means for centralising the diverse logging APIs in use to a single implementation
of my own choice.

> I see there is a way to make Log4j2 an SLF4J implementation, but I could not see any
documentation on redirecting Log4j2 to SLF4J in the event that the end application does not
wish to use Log4j2 as its logging implentation. Is this on the cards?