From Oliver Ruebenacker <cur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4j.xml problem
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:57:40 GMT
     Hello,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Douglas E Wegscheid
<Douglas_E_Wegscheid@whirlpool.com> wrote:
> at least one problem higher in the file (lines 27 and 31): too many XML
> comment closes (-->)

  Thanks! That made the parse error messages disappear.

  Unfortunately, the file still seems to have no effect.

  Let me check whether I got that right:

<root>
	<level value="WARN" />
	<appender-ref ref="stdout"/>
</root>

  I would assume that this sets log level to WARN for all code unless
specified otherwise, right?

> <!--  to see flow launches and resumes -->
> -->
> <logger name="org.springframework.faces.ui.WebFlowBoundaryComponent">
>         <level value="WARN" />
> </logger>
> -->
>
> good XML editor is recommended....

  I'm using the Eclipse text editor, which has some XML awareness
(some autocomplete and some warnings for broken XML). It actually did
display the extra closing tags in a different color, but raised no
warning, so I missed it. Eclipse also has an XML editor, but I find
the text editor easier to use for XML.

  Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Scientific Developer at PanGenX (http://www.pangenx.com)

"Stagnation and the search for truth are always opposites." - Nadezhda
Tolokonnikova