From tommmmmm <tommm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4J doesn't work at all
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:57:11 GMT
On 11 April 2012 23:19, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:

> Selenium depends upon SLF4J.  You may recall that I mentioned SLF4J in a
> previous email.  In appears Selenium includes it's own SLF4J binding.  It
> seems rather silly to me that they would include this as part of their main
> library rather than as a separate, optional, jar.
>
> I suggest you contact the Selenium developers and, possibly, the SLF4J
> developers to find a solution.
>
> In any case, if you are going to have SLF4J in your classpath and want to
> use Log4j as the implementation, you should include the following in the
> classpath....
>
> jcl-over-slf4j.jar
> slf4j-api.jar
> slf4j-log4j12.jar
> log4j.jar
>
> And get rid of any, and all, commons-logging jars.  The
> "jcl-over-slf4j.jar" contains the package/classes of commons-logging,
> except they are a re-implementation bound to SLF4J.
>

> Jake

I have just rewritten all selenium code to HtmlUnit code. That's it....
Works now.

I know I should write to Selenium (I did, but they are silent) and lcf4j
but after 25hours of me hugging 10 lines of code till blood and tears all
go out... no I rather go the easy way now. No more fighting. I just hope
HtmlUnit will do the job for me and that I will never have to use
selenium... that's it.