From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Configuration Sequence
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 16:10:08 GMT
Thank you Scott

the reason why I ask is because I see a lot "already parsed" messages when debug=true is set.
So I was assuming that there is a way to pass configuration records in a proper sequence and

avoid this messages altogether.

The other reason is if I see errors with the Socket hub appender that a port is already in
use.
A clear indicator that a configuration record has already been parsed for a given port, resulting
in a port becoming open and its socket gets in-use, hence, a next time parsing will result
in a exception.
"address already in use"!  I do not yet have a different explanation for that exceptions.

Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Scott Deboy [mailto:scott.deboy@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012 16:52
An: Log4J Users List
Betreff: Re: Configuration Sequence

Order in the file doesn't really matter in either case it seems.

For a properties file, PropertyConfigurator does process entries in a
specific order, but it just finds them in the properties file and builds
the entries - here is the code from PropertyConfigurator:

configureRootCategory(properties, hierarchy);
configureLoggerFactory(properties);
parseCatsAndRenderers(properties, hierarchy);

For an xml file, the elements will be processed as they are defined in the
xml file - the DOMConfigurator code parses whatever is found in that order.

Scott