From Zbynek Vavros <Zbynek_Vav...@cz.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SMTPAppender , server instance
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:49:43 GMT

You should call the set of system property as soon as possible.
There is some "entry point", a servlet maybe ?
If not you can write your own servlet and set <load-on-startup> to 1.

And you have to call configure() again because if you have log4j
configuration file
on classpath it will be configured automtically before you can do anything.

Calling configure() after system property is set will cause log4j to be
able
to use this system property.

Zbynek

 Kind Regards / Mit
 freundlichen Grüßen /
 Üdvözlettel / S
 pozdravem:

 Zbynek VAVROS                                                 (Embedded
 Development                                                 image moved
                                                                to file:
                                                           pic40266.gif)

     Delivery Centre      616 00, Brno
      Central Europe      Technicka 21
        Brno SITE         Czech Republic

 (Embedded image moved to
   file: pic11889.gif)    Phone: 420-53341- x6283
                          Mobile:
                          E-mail: Zbynek_Vavros@cz.ibm.com

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech