From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding Prefix text to existing log.info statement
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 05:48:38 GMT
Several different approaches could accomplish your goal. The most straight forward likely would
be to specify a custom layout class in your configuration and would require no modification
of your code.  Unless the layout in an appender wrapped by an AsyncAppender, the layout will
be run in the context of the logging request and should have access to the thread's state
at the time of the call.