From Peter Magnusson <pet.magnus...@gmail.com>
Subject Log4j and Tomcat with multiple instances
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:49:31 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with log4j. Im to set up log4j with tomcat and a basic
setup works fine. Our setup is that we have multiple instances of Tomcat
running on different ports with different $CATALINA_BASE but the same
$CATALINA_HOME, we set this up to be able to start and stop applications
independent from each other.

If i set everything up as described here
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html#Using_Log4j (disregard
#5) it works fine, only problem is that all instances of tomcat log to the
same file. This is not what i want, i want each instance of tomcat to log to
its own logfile.

So i changed my setup accordning to #5 here
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html#Using_Log4j , but i
cannot get this to work at all. Its not logging anything when its setup like
this.

First of all, is what im trying to achieve even possible ?
If so, any idea what im doing wrong ? How can i troubleshoot this ?

Any ideas are most welcome, thank you!

Best regards
Peter