logging-log4j-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Konduru, Geetha" <Geetha_Kond...@medco.com>
Subject RE: log4j----Edit the event received
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:48:58 GMT
Thank U...

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Deboy [mailto:scott.deboy@gmail.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:31 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: log4j----Edit the event received

remoteSourceInfo contains the connected port:

hostName = socket.getInetAddress().getHostName();
remoteInfo = hostName + ":" + socket.getPort();

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Konduru, Geetha
<Geetha_Konduru@medco.com>wrote:

> yes, I got them
>
> how are "hostname" and " log4j.remoteSourceInfo"  different from each
> other....
>
> thank U
> VGSS
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott Deboy [mailto:scott.deboy@gmail.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:15 PM
> To: Log4J Users List
> Subject: Re: log4j----Edit the event received
>
> The SocketReceiver adds two properties to each event:
> hostname
> log4j.remoteSourceInfo
>
> With the developer snapshot of Chainsaw you should see those as
> individual
> columns in the table.  If they aren't displayed by default you can
> enable
> them via the tab preferences menu (select Columns).
>
> Scott
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Konduru, Geetha
> <Geetha_Konduru@medco.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> >
> >  What I am looking for is, every event received by SocketAppender,
> even
> > before it send to remote machine, it must append  to the event(on
> which
> > log4j is running).
> >
> >
> >
> >  Can any one please tell me a solution for this.
> >
> >
> >
> > Example: if application(running on machine HOSTNAME) logs message "I
> am
> > a Logging event", than SOCKET APPENDER must send following to REMOTE
> > machine(or SOCKET RECEIVER on Remote machine should receive
following
> as
> > log message).
> >
> >
> >
> > "HOSTNAME:I am a Logging event"
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Thank U,
> >
> > VGSS
> >
> >
**********************************************************************
> > This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential
> information
> > from Medco. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified
> > that disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of
any
> > action in reliance on the contents of this electronic information is
> > strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in
> error,
> > please immediately notify the sender by reply message and then
delete
> the
> > electronic message and any attachments.
> >
>
> **********************************************************************
> This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential
information
> from Medco. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified
> that disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any
> action in reliance on the contents of this electronic information is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in
error,
> please immediately notify the sender by reply message and then delete
the
> electronic message and any attachments.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org
>
>

**********************************************************************
This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential information from Medco. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, printing, copying,
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by reply message and then delete the electronic message and any attachments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org


Mime
View raw message