From "Konduru, Geetha" <Geetha_Kond...@medco.com>
Subject RE: Chain saw socket appender
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:31:50 GMT
1. Thank u, The Chainsaw opens up as expected, but afterwards it is not
responding to commands, like I am trying to use "Refine Focus On" that
does not work, even to stop this I need to go to TASK MANAGER,
Application is not responding.

2. Would you please tell me where to download the src code of latest
version.

Thanks a lot,
vgss

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Deboy [mailto:scott.deboy@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:26 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Chain saw socket appender

Which version of Chainsaw are you using?

If you aren't already using it, could you try the latest developer
snapshot
(Mac DMG or tarball) available from here:

http://people.apache.org/~sdeboy

Scott

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Konduru, Geetha
<Geetha_Konduru@medco.com>wrote:

> I am using Log4j.1.2.16,
>

> I could say that on Appender side the following tag
>
> <param name="Application" value="app1" />
>

>         or
>
> <param name="application" value="app1" />
>

> Are read successfully by log4j process because when I used
> following(just for testing)
>
> <param name="pplication" value="app1" />
>

> I got following WARNING MESSAGE,
>

> log4j:WARN No such property [pplication] in
> org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender.

class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender">

> >> <param name="Port" value="12346"/>
>
> >> <param name="RemoteHost" value="localhost"/>
>
> >> <param name="Application" value="app1"/>
>
> >> <param name="ReconnectionDelay" value="60000"/>
>
> >> <param name="Threshold" value="ALL"/>
>
> >> </appender>
>

> >> On chainsaw I used following configuration
>

> >> <plugin name="MyReceiver1"
>
> >> class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketReceiver">
>
> >>     <param name="Port" value="12346"/>
>
> >>     <param  name="Threshold" value="ALL"/>
>
> >> </plugin>
>

> >> In chainsaw I see a tab with name "localhost- ",not
"localhost-app1"

> >> Case 2:-
>

> >> One instance of an application is running with following
>
> >> configuration.
>
> >> <appender name="SOCKET1"
class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender">

> >> <param name="Port" value="12346"/>
>
> >> <param name="RemoteHost" value="localhost"/>
>
> >> <param name="Application" value="app1"/>
>
> >> <param name="ReconnectionDelay" value="60000"/>
>
> >> <param name="Threshold" value="ALL"/>
>
> >> </appender>
>

> >> Second instance of same application is running with following
>
> >> configuration
>

> >> <appender name="SOCKET2"
class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender">

> >> <param name="Port" value="12346"/>
>
> >> <param name="RemoteHost" value="localhost"/>
>
> >> <param name="Application" value="app2"/>
>
> >> <param name="ReconnectionDelay" value="60000"/>
>
> >> <param name="Threshold" value="ALL"/>
>
> >> </appender>
>

> >> On chainsaw I used following configuration
>

> >> <plugin name="MyReceiver1"
>
> >> class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketReceiver">
>
> >>     <param name="Port" value="12346"/>
>
> >>     <param  name="Threshold" value="ALL"/>
>
> >> </plugin>
>

> >> STILL I see one tab with name "localhost- " and loggingevents from
>
> >> two
>
> >> different Process are shown in one tab.
>

> >> Would you please tell me as where I am going wrong.
>

> >> Thanks a lot,
>
> >> VGSS

'application'