From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chain saw socket appender
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 05:54:09 GMT
Since log4j 1.2.15, the socket-based appenders have an 'application'
parameter that can be set which will result in an additional application
property being set on each event, which will then be used by Chainsaw to
route events to the correct tab.

The following example will result in events being routed to a tab called
'localhost-app1':

<appender name="SOCKET1" class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender">
  <param name="Port" value="12346"/>
  <param name="RemoteHost" value="localhost"/>
  <param name="Application" value="app1"/>
  <param name="ReconnectionDelay" value="60000"/>
  <param name="Threshold" value="ALL"/>
</appender>

By default, events are routed to tabs by resolving the hostname and
application event properties.  The tab/name event routing expression is
configurable via the application-wide preferences dialog.

Scott