From "Turner, Jay" <Jay.Tur...@sabre-holdings.com>
Subject RE: How do I hook in before log4j starts?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:47:17 GMT
I call my Library Jar which has log4j setup in it. I'm calling a static method in my class.
Before I can get to the LogManager.setRepositorySelector, log4j gets to run, loads its configuration
from log4j.configuration, can't interpret the unrecognized parameters, and generally finishes
initialization. I suspect that when I enter the Library to run a static method that all of
the other statics are run, along with the statics in log4j.jar. So log4j initializes before
you can get a chance to setup anything. Unless I'm missing something, how can I get around
this Catch-22?