From "Turner, Jay" <Jay.Tur...@sabre-holdings.com>
Subject RE: How do I hook in before log4j starts?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:38:55 GMT
To add to the issue:

I can use log4j.defaultInitOverride and then my application gets control first. I can set
log4j.configuratorClass and get control too. The issue is when my code is deployed in environments
that already have log4j implementations. They may not set log4j.defaultInitOverride, and they
certainly wouldn't set log4j.configuratorClass to my code. I can't change the system properties
because that would affect other applications. I also cannot have my appenders, etc, placed
in a central log4j XML configuration file. Each application must be able to be redeployed
without interfering with others.

What I need is a way to set my configurator, logger repository, etc - not using system properties
that can interfere with other applications - and then initialize log4j using my XML configuration
which is not combined with any other.

Thank you,
Jay Turner