From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: How do i configure my own log level in log4j.properties
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:35:42 GMT
And then I think there is a failure or missunderstanding

The log-level for a logger is set as shown in my example for all the loggers I know about,
(Chainsaw helps on that). But as I think, the word threshold is used to determin the log-level
for an appender.

As you can see, the log-level for a logger can be at debug, and then this logger feeds two
appenders, one logs at INFO the other at ERROR and you will not see any DEBUG statements.

It is important to understand the vertical and horizontal hierachie of loggers, appenders
and filters.

Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Siegfried Kiermayer [mailto:sicaine@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2011 14:17
An: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Betreff: Fwd: How do i configure my own log level in log4j.properties

Hi,

i followed the link
http://jaikiran.wordpress.com/2006/07/12/create-your-own-logging-level-in-log4j/
to build my own log level BENCHMARK but we use a log4.properties
instead of xml.

So it isn't working and i have no idea how to find information about
configuring my loglevel in a log4j.properties file.

log4j.appender.benchmark=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.benchmark.File=benchmark.log
log4j.appender.benchmark.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.benchmark.layout.ConversionPattern=%m%n
log4j.appender.benchmark.threshold=BENCHMARK

Is there any documentation about i missed?

Tx,

Sigi