From "Ding, Qin" <qin.d...@jpmchase.com>
Subject RE: Help Log4j Chainsaw - VFSLogFilePatternReceiver Usage
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:51:26 GMT
Scott:

1. I manually downloaded mylog.log; and define a logfilePatternReceiver within chainsaw. Pointing
to mylog.log. after that, it just sits there, I see nothing.  The last entry in the detail
panel: setValueAt, 2, 1, value=file:///C:\MyDocs\logs\mylog.log, valueClassclass java.lang.String

2. I copied the provided configuration file and modified the VFSLogFilePatternReceiver and
put it in a folder.  Use the instruction you gave me to load it.  But on the receiver panel
I did not see anything.  Manually define a VFSLogFilePatternReceiver.  Don't see the GUI prompt
for id/pwd.

Would you please give me a detailed the instruction or your working sample configuration file?

Thank you

QD

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Deboy [mailto:scott.deboy@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:36 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Help Log4j Chainsaw - VFSLogFilePatternReceiver Usage

Chainsaw settings are stored in $userhome/.chainsaw - in that folder has a
chainsaw-settings.xml file that is used to store application-wide
preferences.  Here is how you can get the 'configurationURL' field to be set
in that file via the GUI:

Use the file-load Chainsaw configuration menu option, then select 'use a
chainsaw config file' and browse to it, then check the 'always start
chainsaw with this configuration' check box.

Scott