From "Ding, Qin" <qin.d...@jpmchase.com>
Subject Help Log4j Chainsaw - VFSLogFilePatternReceiver Usage
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:18:21 GMT
I am trying to view the log4j log using VFSLogFilePatternReceiverNoUserInfoPrompt.

Here is my log4j.xml:

<plugin name="VFSLogFilePatternReceiverNoUserInfoPrompt" class="org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.vfs.VFSLogFilePatternReceiver">

     <param name="fileURL" value="sftp://myid:mypwd@serverhost.xxx.yy.net//complete/path/to/logs/mylog.log"/>

     <param name="timestampFormat" value="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>

     <param name="logFormat" value="[TIMESTAMP] LEVEL THREAD (FILE:METHOD:LINE) -MESSAGE"/>

     <param name="name" value="VFSLogFilePatternReceiver"/>

     <param name="tailing" value="true"/>

   </plugin>

Start the chainsaw with this log4j.xml. Get the following msg:

attempting to load file: sftp://myid:mypwd@serverhost.xxx.yy.net//complete/path/to/logs/mylog.log

file not available - will try again in 10 seconds

The file is there at the remote site, I can sftp to it.  Why can chainsaw find it?

I tried the following with or without port number:

<param name="fileURL" value="sftp://myid:mypwd@serverhost.xxx.yy.net/complete/path/to/logs/mylog.log"/>

<param name="fileURL" value="sftp://myid:mypwd@serverhost.xxx.yy.net//complete/path/to/logs/mylog.log"/>

<param name="fileURL" value="sftp://myid:mypwd@serverhost.xxx.yy.net///complete/path/to/logs/mylog.log"/>

<param name="fileURL" value="sftp://myid:mypwd@serverhost.xxx.yy.net////complete/path/to/logs/mylog.log"/>

None of these work. I saw someone suggest to create a .ssh folder under user home and create
a known_hosts file with the host name it.  I did that without help.

Please help. Thank you.

QD

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to European legal entities.