From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging only specific number of lines
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 13:11:02 GMT
You can configure either one of the built-in throwable renderers or provide your own.  Look
at tests/input/xml/throwableRenderer1.xml for an example of configuration.  See org.apache.log4j.EnhancedThrowableRenderer
(http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/EnhancedThrowableRenderer.html)
for options.

One the second, attach the SyslogAppender to the root logger, but set the threshold on the
appender to Fatal.

Note: SyslogAppender uses sockets to talk with the syslog daemon.  Network (even on same machine)
access to the syslog is often disabled by default.