From laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Chainsaw V2: Possible to create receiver without modifying remote log4j file?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:46:32 GMT

Hi,

I want to setup Chainsaw 2 locally to track log4j logs on a remote machine.
The thing is that I don't want to have to modify the remote log4j.properties
file, since it is a production file, and modifying production things
requires much bureaucracy here.  Is there a way to configure a receiver to
monitor the remote logs without having to modify that log4j.properties file?

The tutorial I was reading implies that I have to add a new appender to the
remote properties file --
http://www.informit.com/guides/content.aspx?g=java&seqNum=459.

Thanks, - Dave