From "Jimenez Coelho, Juan " <juan.jimenezcoe...@citi.com>
Subject Newbie question...
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:33:27 GMT
Can I use Chainsaw to display all messages that are related to a specific event (effectively
correlation).  My constraints are:

+ The log file is not in XML format, but plain text formatted with Log4J layout
+ There is nothing in place to correlate lines, hence I would need to apply a large set of
patterns
+ Unsurprisingly, similar lines are interleaved in the log as there are many threads and external
factors influencing when different steps take place

If anyone has done anything similar then I will inspired to read through all the documentation
and experiment until I get what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Juan