From WM YEOH <spinergy...@gmail.com>
Subject Standalone instance with multiple log4j setting
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:51:56 GMT
Hi there,

Current setup,
- App server - Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01
- deploy one ear(own war) and another war applications in the same stand
alone instance

I have setup in a way that each application has its own log4j.xml but assign
to different log files, for instance, log4jA.xml -> A.log and log4jB.xml ->
B.log. However, the debug message only written into one log file instead of
its designated log file. I could not package the log4j jar into the war as
other classes in separate jar (within ear) used logger. Therefore, I have to
specified log4j jar in the server classpath. Which I believed that would be
the issue that causing the debug message not written to the correct log
file.

I am wondering is there any settings to solve the problem that I faced. Or
is there any alternatives to solve the problem.

Appreciate anyone help me to solve the problem as soon as possible. Please
let me know if you need further information.

Thank you.

Regards