From Yong-Loh <Vasantha_Rap...@infosys.com>
Subject log4j extras : issue with zipping
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:23:05 GMT

Hi All,

We are using log4j 1.2.15 and log4j-extras-1.0. Our requirement is to roll
the log file based on size and the old files need to be compressed. To do
this, We are using RollingFileAppender in extras companion. The problem that
we are facing is..some files are zipped and some are not zipped at all.

Did anybody face the similar issue? Is it a known issue with log4j-extras or
something todo with the log4j configuration?

Below is our log4j.xml. Any pointers in resolving this issue would be of
great help.

<appender name="FILEAPPENDER"
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender">

        <rollingPolicy
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy">

    	</rollingPolicy>

		<triggeringPolicy
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy">

	   	</triggeringPolicy>

        </layout>
    </appender>

Thanks & Regards,