From Moley Harey <moleyha...@gmail.com>
Subject VFSLogFilePatternReceiver pattern layout
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:45:15 GMT
Hi,

I have added a VFSLogFilePatternReceiver in my Chainsaw config file like the
following:

   <plugin name="VFSLogFilePatternReceiver"
class="org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.vfs.VFSLogFilePatternReceiver">
     <param name="fileURL" value="http://localhost:8080/messages.log"/>
     <param name="timestampFormat" value="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
     <param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP LEVEL [LOGGER] MESSAGE"/>
     <param name="name" value="MyRemoteHttpReceiver"/>
     <param name="tailing" value="true"/>
   </plugin>

I have started Chainsaw and from the application internal logs I can see the
file is loaded OK but it seems as the layout pattern I am using in that
"messages.log" remote file is different from the one expected by Chainsaw it
can't display correctly the messages, the corresponding tab is not created
and I am getting the following exception:

16198 [Thread-8] ERROR org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender - Attempted to
append to closed appender named [TEMP_CONSOLE_APPENDER].

Any idea?
What is the expected layout I should put in my remote log file to make
Chainsaw to load correctly that file using VFSLogFilePatternReceiver and
display its messages?

Thanks in advance,

Mh