From Moley Harey <moleyha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Launch Apache Chainsaw using Java Web Start?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:18:20 GMT
Hi Scott,

I have downloaded the JNLP file and customize it with my codebase/paths
etc... and Chainsaw works fine when is launched remotely.

This is my environment:

1. I have installed Chainsaw standalone code and the JNLP file downloaded
from Chainsaw web site in a static folder inside my Tomcat "webapps".
2.I have updated the codebase path to include my own server url.
3. I launch Chainsaw from a different remote computer using the codebase
url.

Hope it helps!

Mh

2009/8/25 Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com>

> Yes, Chainsaw can be launched via JNLP.  The currently released (but old)
> version is available from the Download page:
> http://logging.apache.org/chainsaw/download.html
>
> How are you running Chainsaw now? via the 'standalone' or Mac bundles?
>
> If you're trying to view log files on a remote machine, it supports that as
> well, using VFSLogFilePatternReceiver - see the 'important distribution
> notes' link for more information or feel free to post further questions.
>
> Scott
>
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:37 AM, Moley Harey <moleyharey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have been using Chainsaw as a GUI for displaying my log4j log messages
> > locally.
> > Now I need to remotely launch Chainsaw and I was wondering if is possible
> > launch it using Java Web Start technology...
> >
> > Do you now if just doing a simple JNLP file I can launch Chainsaw?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Mh
> >
> > --

— Las cosas que vemos —dijo Pistorius con voz apagada— son las mismas cosas
que llevamos en nosotros.
No hay más realidad que la que tenemos dentro.  (Herman Hesse)

http://moleyharey.blogspot.com/