From AL <anniela...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing log level without restarting app server
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:23:55 GMT
Hey everyone,

I have a J2EE app using EJB 2.1, Struts 1 and Hibernate, running on
JBoss 4.2.3 and want to be able to modify various properties in
log4j.properties without having to restart the app server, e.g. Change
the log level from info to debug.

What's the best way to get this set up?Should it be done in a servlet
upon application startup? I've googled this but haven't found a
definitive best practice solution. I've tried configure and watch but
it throws exceptions when I change the log level and save the file..

Thanks for any help!