From "Günther, Rene - Innflow AG" <rene.guent...@innflow.com>
Subject WG: Only partial logging with log.debug
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 12:40:00 GMT
I got a problem with using log4j. In my class I define the log like this:

protected static final Log log =
LogFactory.getLog(NewDocumentsArrivedJob.class);

One of my calls look like this:

log.debug("Send email to " + user.getUsername()+ " use language " +
user.getLocale().getLocale());

log.debug("Using template " + templateName.trim());

The first appends a line in my logfile, the second call of debug doesn’t
append anything. In that class some of log.debug calls are ignored.

I thought, hmm, maybe the compiling doesn’t work, but I also changed
existing working log.debug statements (to log something slightly different)
and this change got compiled and I saw the change in my log file.

Any idea where to look at?

Thanks

Rene