From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Extract log info from each output log line on the console
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:37:20 GMT
On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 08:32:38 -0400
  Douglas E Wegscheid <Douglas_E_Wegscheid@whirlpool.com> wrote:
> if you have a chance to change the log file layout, use the XMLLayout.
> It's unambiguous to parse.

XMLLayout is probably the most straightforward option.  Another option is the
receiver companion's LogFilePatternReceiver, which Chainsaw2 makes use of....

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4j/companions/receivers/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/varia/LogFilePatternReceiver.java?view=log

See also...
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/chainsaw/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/vfs/

Jake