From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4J axis2.log file is empty
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 01:23:06 GMT

On Jun 4, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Ramya K Grama wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to setup log4j logging in my axis2 web service running
> on Tomcat
> 5.5.
>
> The jars are in the right place.
>

> However, the axis2.log file that gets created is empty with no
> contents.
>

> My log4j.properties file is:
>
> log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, CONSOLE, LOGFILE
>

> # Set the enterprise logger priority to FATAL
>
> log4j.logger.org.apache.axis2.enterprise=FATAL
>
> log4j.logger.de.hunsicker.jalopy.io=FATAL
>
> log4j.logger.httpclient.wire.header=FATAL
>
> log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.httpclient=FATAL

An empty log file would be consistent with the appender being properly
set up, but no logging requests either being made or getting through
the thresholds and filters.  You set very high thresholds on several
loggers, any chance that is successful in stopping all logging?  What
happens when you remove or lower the thresholds?  If that doesn't fix
things, are you sure that there are logging requests being made.