From jayakumar t <mech...@gmail.com>
Subject how to config SMTPAppender for using gmail
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2009 16:09:18 GMT
hi,

 I am using log4j in my project , my problem is, I am getting an exception

log4j:ERROR Error occured while sending e-mail notification.
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS
command first. f21sm25128997rvb.36
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1515)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:1054)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:634)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:189)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:118)
    at org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender.sendBuffer(SMTPAppender.java:330)
    at org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender.append(SMTPAppender.java:215)
    at org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(AppenderSkeleton.java:251)
    at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders(AppenderAttachableImpl.java:66)
    at org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:206)
    at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:391)
    at org.apache.log4j.Category.log(Category.java:856)
    at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.fatal(Log4JLogger.java:205)
    at com.j2andjk.Main.main(Main.java:41)