From Suresh Krishna <suresh.madhuva...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: log4j does not log when the application crashes for some reason
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:49:10 GMT
Hi Ceki,

The problem is that it is the application that crashes but _not_ due to
log4j. We have lot of info/warn/error statements in probably each and
every class. But when the appplication crashes for some reason, the log
file does not have the recent stack trace before the application died,
but it just has a message that an error occurred and could not log.

On the condole the following message appears :

*** This message goes through <appName> to LOG4J
*** This message bypasses the <appName> / LOG4J ***

But in the log file, i see only the first message but not the second one.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Krishna