From Ceki Gulcu <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: log4j v1.2.14 compatible with Java 1.6?
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:26:02 GMT

Hi Lesley,

Looking at your log4j.xml file it appears that you are defining several
AsyncAppenders, actually 6 of them which does not explain why there are 12
AsyncAppender threads. At some point in time, you have probably restarted the
web-application (or reloaded log4j) without shutting down log4j. When you stop
and restart your application make sure to invoke LogManager.shutdown().

Best regards,

Lesley Tay wrote:
> Hi Ceki / all,
>
> Since then I've done abit more investigation and found a few odd things
> which support the theory that there is more than 1 thread writing
> to the same log file thus causing our log file to get corrupted and have missing entries.
>
> I noticed that:
> * a thread dump via Weblogic 10.3 is showing that when we deploy our app, there are 12
AsyncAppender

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch