From Bill Hutchinson <whhut...@gmail.com>
Subject NTEvenLogAppender.dll - missing event description
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:36:37 GMT

Hi -
I am using the appender dll from log4j 1.2.15.  I believe I have found all
the threads on this subject of the EventViewer complaining about not being
able to find the event description.  And I've read bug 41169 and perused the
appender code.  It all makes sense and it ought to work, but when I use the
1.2.15 appender dll I still get the missing event description behavior from
the EventViewer.
I then created a resource-only DLL from the message resource file and
manually set that in the registry entries in place of the appender dll file
location, and the missing event description behavior went away.
This makes me think either there is still an issue with the appender's code,
or maybe the build process is not getting the compiled resource.
Has anyone used the newest appender dll without the missing event
description behavior?
Thanks very much.
Bill Hutchinson